Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Holiday Decor... which stocking to hang???


I've come to the realization that I need (ok, I would really like) a new set of stockings. I had bought three (two red and a green) before I bought the Noel stocking hangers. When I bought them, the green was sold out and so I got a purple. Not my favorite look.

my mantle

However, determining which stocking to buy completely describes/illustrates my interior design dilemma. Which direction to go with our current interiors. Traditional or modern. Fru-fru formal or relaxed casual. Investment piece prices or on the cheap.

Take a look!

First up, the embroidered linen stocking from Wisteria. A little homey, a little casual, more towards the French Country side. And, coordinates with the pillows I want to buy from Wisteria.

Continuing with the French Country theme, the Bespoke Angel stocking from Wisteria. I like how the angel pulls in the meaning of Christmas as well.


These burlap and velvet stockings were cute too, but alas are sold out.



They still have the couture stockings, which incorporate a fun print...


Similar French Country options from Garnet Hill


And then we have the traditional Pottery Barn stockings, in red, green or cream velvet.





The glamourous traditional take from Horchow...





with prices that reflect the glamour... $70-$115.

This is a happy compromise between traditional glamour and French Country (I think).


I ADORE these sea-inspired stockings...

but am less enthralled with the $148 price (am I just cheap??)

Saks has some lovely champagne options




And then there's the fun options, like Mackenzie-Childs.

available for $115 each here or here

And who could forget Lilly... though I can't really imagine Mr. Southern having a Lilly stocking...
Lilly Pulitzer  Custom Crafted Monogramed Christmas Stocking
Lilly Pulitzer  Custom Crafted Monogramed Christmas Stocking
sold out, but from Etsy seller WeLoveLilly

Handmade Christmas Stocking Lilly Pulitzer Fabric Reserved AQ782

Handmade Christmas Stocking Lilly Pulitzer Fabric

Handmade Christmas Stocking Lilly Pulitzer Fabric
available from Etsy seller Hickitypickity for $22

Then of course, there's the value option at Target.


in-store selection better than online.


If I wait long enough, most will be sold out and my decision will be easier (not that that's a good option of course).

What are your thoughts? What style of holiday decor do you gravitate towards?

-Emmie